Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ten Misconceptions about Christianity

Lately I have been reading a lot about Islam, after all that is what I am studying at NEGST. I have noticed how Muslims, especially after 9/11, like to talk about misconceptions about Islam. I must admit there are numerous misunderstandings about Islam; however I cannot help but think about the numerous misunderstandings Muslims and Christians have about Christianity. Therefore I have compiled a list of the most common misconceptions about Christianity, just some food for thought.

1. Salvation is based on saying a prayer
2. Church takes place on Sunday mornings
3. Christians are good people
4. The apostle Paul was the founder of Christianity
5. You can shame God or even bless Him
6. God will bless you if you bless Him
7. Catholics are not Christians
8. Christians are the only ones who have truth
9. The Holy Spirit’s job is to give you a gift
10. Trinity means there are three God’s that function as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment