So are you scared of debating Muslim Imans? Forget the Imans, are you intimidated to talk to Muslims? Last week I spent in Mombasa where I had the of privilege debating and talking to some Muslim Imans. I thought I would share three questions they posed to see what kind of apologist you are.
1. The first question comes from a Muslim Iman responding to the fact that Muslims will receive 72 virgins in paradise. As the excited Iman explained, Christians will receive 100 wives in heaven, not just 72. You might be wondering where in scripture it says that! As he explained, in Matthew 19:29 its quite clear, "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or wives or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life." So will Christians receive 100 wives in heaven???
2. The logic of the second question flows as such, if Jesus is God's son or the fact that God has a son, was God married? Also, if there are such family relationships in the 'divine family' doesn't it make sense that Jesus could have been married....can Mary Magdalene please stand up? So doesn't God need a wife to have son???
3. The third question runs. Christians say Jesus is fully God, then they say Jesus died and was buried for three days. Doesn't that make God dead for three days??? Also how can God die, I thought he was omnipotent? Maybe Friedrich Nietzsche was right 'God is dead' ???
So lets see if you can stand the test of the apologist and come up with answers to these 'difficult' questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment