
I wanted to share some photos of the 2009 NFTC Football Champions! Yes, that's right, after a 25 + year drought NEGST has brought home the championship. Every year all the Christian colleges and seminaries form teams to play in the NFTC soccer competition. In the past NEGST has claimed to spend more time in the library than the soccer field; however this year has changed their identity ha-ha. No longer does NEGST only promote Christain academic excellence in the African classroom, but also on the soccer field. 
I can't do justice in explaining the excitement the players shared after the game. After we brought the trophy back to campus we celebrated by marching around the campus shouting various soccer chants. Growing up in a country where soccer is not that big a deal I found the entire day quite humerous. The day really busted the spirits of people on campus; I thank
God for the joy that it brought.
No comments:
Post a Comment